Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated professional to join one of Scentre Group’s Victorian assets, Westfield Knox.
Reporting into the Facilities Manager, the Assistant Facilities Manager plays an integral role in ensuring that the facilities services are maintained and continually improved for an optimum service delivery to our customers.
You will support our Asset Teams in delivering extraordinary experiences every day. You will be responsible for the integrated management and maintenance of the infrastructure in each of our assets, ensuring life safety, regulatory compliance, operational efficiency, and innovation; enabling each asset to achieve its full potential.
A day in the life of this role would look like:
- Assisting with management of the detailed asset life cycle plan for the centre, effectively communicating facilities’ priorities and capital requirements to ensure the Asset Team are clear on deliverables and priorities
- Assisting in the preparation of the centre budget and accurate forecasts, carefully documenting all assumptions, identifying savings and efficiencies were practical without negatively impacting the asset, its infrastructure or other centre stakeholders
- Ensuring all asset maintenance, contractor or compliance data is captured and that all data and documentation is accessible centrally, accurate and current to enable real-time reporting
- Maintaining high levels of superior customer service and develop key tenant stakeholder engagement
- Adhering to continuous Workplace Health and Safety cultural improvement by championing the culture of “people protecting people
As a part of our asset team, you’ll also have Duty Management responsibilities from time to time too, where you’ll be required to work a weekend shift (on a roster), which will be balanced with a day off in lieu.
What will set you apart from the rest?
- Trade-based qualifications are preferred but not essential
- 2-3 years’ experience within a retail property facilities management or similar customer-centric environment
- Commercial acumen and demonstrated experience balancing financial needs with technical outcomes
- Demonstrated skill in coordinating technical and operational stakeholders, as well as able to provide clarity of instructions as needed
- Excellent customer service and service delivery skills
- IT literate and able to use current business and building management systems and software
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and well being discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Monique Ippolito, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9358 7891.