Scentre Group owns and operates 42 Westfield Living Centres across Australia and New Zealand encompassing more than 12,000 outlets. Our Purpose is creating extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities. Our Plan is to create the places more people choose to come, more often, for longer. Our Ambition is to grow the business by becoming essential to people, their communities and the businesses that interact with them. Our operating platform is unique because we have a vertically integrated business model and a team of people with capabilities that can design, construct, operate, manage and market our assets.
Corporate Affairs is a valued partner for our leaders and plays a key role in supporting them to deliver our strategy. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Affairs, the Head of Corporate Affairs will partner with the senior leadership team and engage with key external stakeholders to fulfil our ambition to grow, tell the Scentre Group story and strengthen the company’s reputation.
You will contribute to the continued growth of our business by:
- Development and execution of an integrated strategic communication plan for the Group
- Leading a proactive media engagement plan for senior executives that supports our corporate narrative
- Leading media, issues, key external stakeholder communications and crisis management communications for the Group
- Playing a key role in the development of a strategic communications plan to support financial results and corporate reporting milestones
- Supporting the Director, Corporate Affairs in driving our Responsible Business communication and engagement program, including ESG narrative and reporting
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be a dynamic communications professional with diverse experience and capabilities that span the corporate affairs function, looking for your next opportunity to grow and lead – an excellent writer, strong presentation skills, competent at managing stakeholders and complex issues. You will have the ability to influence the most senior decision-makers and establish trusted relationships with key stakeholders both in and outside the organisation.
- A track record of developing effective communications strategies for large organisations, preferably in an ASX listed environment
- Deep issues management and media relations experience
- Excellent business partnering skills including with C-Suite stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with and influence a variety of stakeholders
- Strategic focus combined with the ability to lead others to get things done
- Excellent external partnering skills
- The ability to work productively and collaboratively across teams and communicate across channels, internal and external
- Curious to stay across best practices and innovation in corporate communications
- Financial communications and ESG/ Sustainability communications and reporting experience highly valued