Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Our Design & Construction department at Scentre Group is responsible for the end-to-end process from concept to delivery of our Westfield living centres. An integral part of this is the extensions and upgrades to existing centres. We develop and deliver designs that reflect the Westfield experience and latest thinking while optimising costs and providing speed to market that exceeds the best achievable by alternate delivery methodologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join the Special Projects team working on the Tea Tree Project.
You will be leading a team to create extraordinary places for retailers and customer through successfully procuring and delivering Special Projects.
Using your exceptional communication, coordination, and stakeholder management skills you will develop relationships with other Scentre team leaders to understand priorities to work towards achieving common goals
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Encourage resilience and flexibility in the dynamics of tenancy delivery to support Leasing & Retail Solutions in ensuring the tenancy is ready for handover and fit out is delivered as per agreed terms.
- Adapt to the evolving D&C Plan on a Page strategic intentions, objectives, and strategic initiatives.
- View all roles in the tenancy delivery process as part of one Scentre team.
- Provide a D&C seamless service to other Scentre teams. Partner with Design for design efficiency.
- Build long term relationships with reputable contractors.
- Responsibility for the implementation of the Scentre Group WH&S management systems and reporting.
- Ensure all Scentre Group employees and contractors perform their duties in accordance with the guidelines provided in accordance with Scentre Group Policies and Procedures
- Encourage continuous Workplace Health and Safety cultural improvement through championing the culture of “people protecting people”
- Ensure accurate and proper record keeping relating to WH&S.
- Ensure all Scentre Group employees have appropriate WH&S training and inductions. Ensure appropriate personal safety equipment is worn as required.
- Develops team members capability, confidence, and drive.
- Develop and maintain a professional and productive working relationship with all Scentre Group employees.
What will set you apart from the rest?
Having worked in a similar role you have solid leadership, negotiation, and communication skills. Ideally you enjoy empowering and coaching your team ensure they understand key deliverables and timeframes.
- Communicates with Impact
- Leads complex projects & large diverse teams
- Leads Solutions & Improvement Strategies
- Negotiates strategically with commercial acumen
- Makes whole of Scentre business decisions
- Empowers the Team to get stuff done
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally represented, valued and rewarded
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and ability to purchase extra annual leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!
Please note: We are not using recruitment agencies for this role and any unsolicited agency CV’s will not be accepted at this time.