As a Lead Software Engineer with the Digital Technology stream, you will take responsibility for delivery of large portions of one or more systems, this involves writing the most code whilst overseeing best practice in program design, operations, and architecture.
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
This is a newly created growth opportunity with Digital Technology giving the successful candidate the opportunity to make an impact within the team. You will lead the charge to ensure production rollouts run smoothly with minimal downtime and deliver and oversee delivery of software across multiple teams
You will also be responsible for;
- Program design and adhering to architecture
- Breaking down delivery into cohesive elements and prioritising with product management
- Iteration management
- Contributing to Technology Strategy
- Troubleshooting problems in production scenarios
- Solving hard problems directly along with helping teams to follow guide rails
- Representing technology with high level stakeholders and leadership
- Estimating programs of work, inputting into prioritisation and planning
What will set you apart from the rest?
With a mature mindset and demonstrated commercial acumen you will bring with you a fresh way of thinking and the ability to challenge the norm. Additionally, you will bring to the role demonstrated experience with;
- Data modelling and data structures
- Best practices in program design / architecture
- Building features end to end with the highest quality and efficiency
- Consistently delivering the largest / hardest features and problems in work you undertake
- Building and running software end to end
- Able to troubleshoot problems in production scenarios
- Providing mentorship to junior members of the team
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative no egos culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen!