Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Our Design & Construction team at Scentre Group is responsible for the end-to-end process from concept to delivery of our Westfield living centres. An integral part of this is the extensions and upgrades to existing centres. We develop and deliver designs that reflect the Westfield experience and latest thinking while optimising costs and providing speed to market that exceeds the best achievable by alternate delivery methodologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Planner to join the Australian Construction team to work on the $355mil redevelopment project of Westfield Knox located in Victoria. This is a rare opportunity to work on a project within our construction team working on the delivery of multi-level car parks, mixed use retail, entertainment and commercial spaces, all whilst maintaining the existing centres daily operations.
Reporting into the Project Manager, as the Project Planner, you will develop & drive programmes and planning tools that enable projects to be efficiently delivered and accurately reported, including effective communication of key deliverables and sequencing to all stakeholders and early forecasting of potential programme risks.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Interpret design documentation and briefs to produce detailed construction programs and staging to be agreed with either the site team or general manager. The project planner will then be responsible for monitoring and achieving project deadlines.
- Produce, track and monitor the project design program including for long lead time procurement items.
- Produce weekly reports issued to the general manger that identify and track critical items which define critical path and success of the project
- Produce monthly reports containing a high-level analysis of the project status based against the agreed gross completion dates.
- Produce detailed staging plans to communicate to various stakeholder’s construction methodologies, timings and impacts.
- Produce and manage the tender letting schedule which identifies the required timeline from receipt of drawings to the commencement of works on site.
- Manage delay contingency for the project and report on all delays and their impact to overall the project timeline. The delay register is to be included in the monthly report including status of outstanding extension of time claims.
What will set you apart from the rest?
The right candidate for this role will hold a similar role and/or career background with major construction projects experience within the retail industry or similar - minimum of 3-5 years experience is ideal.
You are highly analytical, proactive and solutions focused, have a natural ability to communicate with your internal and external stakeholders with impact, have strong commercial acumen & commercial awareness and are a complex problem solver.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan.
If this sounds like you, apply today! If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please reach out to Olivia Gazzard, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, via [email protected].