Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
We partner with the world’s leading retail brands to create the places more people choose to come, more often, for longer. Our 42 physical destinations are the heart of our business because we are passionate in our belief that people want to come together in the real world.
We are also ambitious to grow, by expanding and enhancing the total Westfield experience through technology, digital products, data and differentiated customer experiences.
To support our growth and ambition, we are currently searching for an experienced National Safety Coordinator to join our National Safety team within our Customer Experience (CX) division at Scentre Group. The key purpose of this role is to promote and deliver expert safety management system advice to support achievement of the operational safety requirements, support implementation and management of the CX Safety Management System and facilitate assurance activities to ensure compliance to key safety system requirements. This role will effectively partner with the wider business to help create places that are not only extraordinary, but also safe for our people, our contractors, our retailers and our communities & customers.
Key deliverables for this role:
- Lead the administration of the Life Safety Incident Management system for CX including risk registers, incident reporting, and day to day Beakon support for centre teams
- Provide SME advice, support and communicate with Centre teams and personnel on safety management system requirements and changes and reporting
- Support the CX Safety Management System development, implementation, maintenance and review
- Facilitate the collation of CX Life Safety data for various reports such as the CX Risk and Security Review (monthly) and Joint Venture (JV) Partner Reports (quarterly)
- Drive periodic CX Safety assurance activities, recommend effective improvements and support implementation as required.
What sets you apart from the rest?
- You are passionate about creating user-centred, outcome focused WHS systems and take pride in the work you deliver
- You understand and value the importance of building strong and effective professional relationships
- You communicate confidently and clearly with stakeholders at all levels and all backgrounds
- You have strong attention to detail and value its importance
- You bring solid experience and understanding of WHS Management Systems and how they are applied in an operational environment
- Valid qualification in Work Health & Safety is ideal for this role
- Understanding of WHS regulatory and legal requirements, including Standards and Codes of Practice is ideal for this role
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Market leading benefits including, 5 weeks of annual/lifestyle leave, 18 weeks parental leave (no waiting period), volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- We are proud of our strong people culture. We encourage our people to innovate, be curious and drive their career to great heights
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve.
If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this role, please reach out to Olivia Gazzard, Talent Business Partner, via [email protected].
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.