Expressions of Interest- Senior Trade Marketing Manager
We work alongside some seriously inspiring experts and creative minds. When you join our team, you're not only joining the industry leader - you're embarking on a career journey that could take you anywhere!
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Owns the Scentre Connect Trade Marketing strategy, and be accountable for trade marketing excellence, execution and delivery. Increase Scentre Connects share of voice and accelerate reputation, through partnership, content and activation, underpinned by strong sustained relationships with the Trade Media and a deep understanding of the media environment.
As the Senior Trade Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Owning the Trade Marketing strategy and calendar for FY23 and beyond for Scentre Connect
- Leading the Trade Marketing team (manager and executive), setting clear KPIs to build an engaged and thriving team culture
- Craft and build timely content for owned, earned and paid editorial and advertorial, working closely with the Corporate Affairs and PR teams
- Build strong and proactive relationships with the Trade Media and continually seek content and partnership to position Scentre Connect as a category leader
- Collaborate with Scentre Connect Sales and Marketing teams to create go to market collateral that is underpinned by insight and creativity
- Manage Trade Marketing events, activate and coordinate experiences end to end; work with agency and design partners to create memorable and valuable experiences
- Represent the business and brand in-market as a spokesperson in earned trade media opportunities
- Use market and customer trends to best position Scentre Connect in the direct, agency and retailer environments
- Report on marketing through regular monitoring of results across research, competitor and performance metrics
What sets you apart from the rest?
Demonstrated experience in:
- Trade Marketing; define, coordinate and implement Trade Marketing strategies to position the brand as first preference within the category
- Trade Relationships; Strong, positive relationships with Trade Marketing partners
- Content curation and management aligned to brand tone
- Campaign management; Delivery of campaign in owned and paid channels, including strong understanding of digital and social media marketing
- Event Activation; End to end events and partnerships management
- Leadership; Lead by example and empower your team to learn and grow
- An intimate understanding for the Australian media landscape; specifically, Retail and OOH, key players and market trends
- Strong organisational, time management and planning skills, with the ability to prioritise, set expectations and meet deadlines
- Understand the role of marketing to shape commercial objectives and build programs to drive advocacy within business and sales teams
- Excellent written communication skills, specific to writing press releases and thought leadership
- Exceptional Commitment to quality and detail
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative culture
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, life leave (an additional 5 days leave) volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and the ability to purchase extra annual leave
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the roles/team further, please reach out to Skye Cobby, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8179.