Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Our Marketing Team’s focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences every day - through assisting the Centre team to execute best-in-class activations and campaigns, partnering with retailers and connect with customers and the community.
Your role as the Marketing Manager – Westfield Geelong is to inspire and deliver exceptional customer experiences every day - by engaging and connecting with customers and the community, partnering with retailers, and using insights to influence key asset decisions.
Day to day, your main responsibilities will include (but not be limited to)
- Develop the Centre’s Marketing Plan and oversee flawless execution of key marketing campaigns (including co-ordination of all stakeholders)
- Coach, lead and develop a small team.
- Manage the centre marketing budget.
- Lead Centre communications / content plan across owned, earnt and bought channels.
- Deliver an annual Centre event program.
- Lead and practice everyday innovation and thought leadership, identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Assisting retailer engagement through driving regular communication and gaining support via participation in promotional activities.
- Supporting PR opportunities, especially via local media relationships.
- Working effectively with agencies and external suppliers to deliver quality creative assets and services on time and on budget.
- Actively engaging and responding to new initiatives, looking for ways to make them work.
- Actively connecting and engaging with local community groups to foster relationships and opportunities.
This is a Full-time opportunity, and as a part of our Asset Team, you will also have Duty Management responsibilities from time to time too, where you will be required to work a weekend shift (on a roster), which will be balanced with a day off in lieu.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You will be a confident and passionate self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing culture. We are also looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing/Business discipline
- Hands on Marketing Management experience and experience leading small teams.
- You will be a passionate, dynamic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing culture.
- Skills – communication, brand management, customer experience/guest services, digital & social, media & PR, event management, research & analysis, negotiating.
- Understanding of consumer behaviour
- Attention to detail and excellence in execution.
- Ability to adapt to a 7 day a week dynamic environment – Including Duty Manager shifts.
- Someone with a passion for the retail sector!
What sets us apart from the rest?
- A collaborative, welcoming, inclusive, and supportive culture
- Life Leave – additional five days paid leave to use however you like on top of your four weeks annual leave.
- Diverse career paths - Opportunities to cross-skill and develop working with over 70 different professions within the team.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we are proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work each and every day because we believe our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve, in the communities in which we operate. This commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including LGBTI, gender equity, mental health & wellbeing, working flexibility, disability, and alongside other initiatives. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Portfolio lead, on [email protected]