Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 41 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
Our Westfield living centres are much more than places where people shop - we're curating the best retail, dining, entertainment and leisure experiences. A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. Work with great people and add value to a tangible product you can see.
The Customer Experience Technology (CXT) team is responsible for enhancing the experience our customers and retailers have across our digital and physical touchpoints. Our team is an agile high-growth team and we’ve combined the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a corporate organisation.
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Customer Experience Technology (CXT) team and contribute to the backend engineering of our virtual products. You’ll report into one of our Engineering leaders, and sit within a cross functional team focussing on engineering payment solutions across our digital products.
A snapshot of your role:
- Detailed code review where your influence will help others learn and grow
- Product prioritisation, ensuring the best path towards our goal is taken
- Agile delivery practices, helping to keep team members on track with defined goals
- Write code for features, unit tests, functional tests etc
- Run, debug and test code
- Monitor the ongoing performance of features and products
The role is being offered as a permanent position based from our Sydney CBD office, though we’ll encourage your ability to work flexibly too.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You’ll have be able to demonstrate the technical knowledge below, but just as key is your clear passion for delivering a long-term solution that meets the needs and exceeds the expectations of customers. Most importantly, you’ll be a team player, who takes initiative and contributes within a team environment.
Technically, you’ll have experience in the following:
- Strong understanding of different program design concepts e.g. design patterns, object-oriented vs functional programming techniques
- REST and any GraphQL experience
- Experience with Git
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra annual leave
- We’re recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) and committed to creating a workplace culture in which women and men are equally represented, valued and rewarded
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Ali Long, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9358 7066.